Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 1 of Installation Week (1)



I'm using the blog to keep track of the progress on the organ installation. John & Mike arrived from Hamilton this afternoon and got right to work at the church checking out the pieces we had put in place on Saturday. At 7:3o pm we had a meeting with a group of volunteers to introduce them to the project and what needs to be done and the order in which it's going to be done. I was very pleased with the turnout and we'll keep you posted as to when your services are needed.
Tomorrow we will help place most of the chests on the organ loft for placement (we'll use the scissor lift for that purpose). I'll try to get some pictures taken of the various stages as well. I know that some people have been taking pictures and I'd appreciate it if they'd send me some copies to post here.
Arrangements were made with electricians, carpenters, leather workers, etc. for various projects that will need to be tackled this week and in the weeks to come (once the organ builders leave).
If you think you may be able to help out in some way, please give me a call.
Thanks.
hjl

No comments: